Monday, March 06, 2006

Back to the Grind

So. I'm back to work. Of course, I worked Thursday and Friday last week, too, but I was still taking the codeine cough syrup and I was still only hearing in one ear. What I'm saying is, Thursday and Friday were pretty muffled. Today was actual work. And it was hard. That's why I am not knitting today. I am just going to type this post and then go to bed.

I recently bought this book from Amazon.


It is a fabulous little book. (As are all of Betsy McCarthy's books in this series.) This book makes you feeling like you can do anything. I wonder if they put hallucinogenic drugs in the ink... For the first time, I really feel like I might be capable of knitting a real sock. More than a Fuzzy Foot. Just as soon as I finish the baby sweater, I am going to knit some socks.

Speaking of the baby sweater, it is coming right along. I have been tired so it isn't exactly flying off the needles but I've made actual progress. I am only 1.5 inches from having the main body finished. I'm excited to watch it grow. I'll have pictures later this week.

Ok. All this knitting talk has tired me out.

I promise no more long hiatuses. (See? It has been less than a week since my last post)

One last thing: All you west coast knitters: please get on the bandwagon with us. We are trying to guilt Ann and Kay into including a west coast stop on their upcoming book tour. I think people are under the mistaken impression that there aren't very many knitters here on the left coast. I have 11 names on the petition so far. I'm going to call the ladies at ImagiKnit and start badgering Mrs. Mason and Mrs. Dixon in earnest when we get 25 petitioners. Drop me a line!! :)

1 comment:

kt said...

Ok, if I can knit socks, anyone can! And I can! Whee!

And I agree, again, that the Mason-Dixon lassies need some West Coast sunshine.