Monday, December 18, 2006

Show and Tell

Just another quickie to show you the finished Sophie-ish bag for my niece.

As it appears in this picture, it is 16" from the top of the handles to the base. The body of the back is 7.5" tall and slightly more than 10" across at the widest point. I think it is just right for her.

Also, my niece and I went to San Francisco on Saturday night to visit my mother. (She had back surgery on Thursday at UCSF Medical Center. She is doing very well and coming home today.) My niece (the future owner of the above bag) took this picture of the buildings in the city all decorated for Christmas.Try squinting.

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

Cute bag and very cool night picture. It looks a bit like something you would find in an art museum.

Charity said...

The bag is awesome! (Squinting didn't help :0)

Stefaneener said...

It kind of looks like a giant lite-brite picture. Hope your mom is doing okay. Those UCSF folks really rock.

Anonymous said...

Can't miss with Sophie! Turned out great! I recently completed one and sure will cast on for another in new year!

Kim said...

Your bag turned out great, your niece would have to love it!

P.S. I finished my Christmas knitting AND a UFO!!!

(I'm not bragging, I'm giving us something to celebrate about!)

Anonymous said...

What pattern did you use for that? I would love to make one! It is such a cool bag. A bit bright for my taste but very awesome.

Kim said...

Kristy? OMGoodness, did you get an ABUNDANCE of yarn? You are my hero!

Steph said...

I LOVE that bag!!!