This weekend was mostly very lovely. Yesterday's Grandmother Purl sew-up went very well and it was great to meet two people I'd only previously known online.
This morning we got a call from my mother-in-law saying that my husband's father had had a heart attack during church earlier in the morning and they were taking him to the hospital. While we were waiting to hear the results of the cardiac catheterization, we got another call from my mother-in-law with the news that my father-in-law had just passed away. Needless to say, the weekend sort of fell apart after that.
That's why today's SPS is dedicated to my husband and his dad. So maybe it isn't so much Self-Portrait but luckily, this is my weekly feature and I agree that we can all change it up however we like. . .Including making a list that isn't particularly about me.
1. My husband and I dated for 8 years before we got married.
2. We were married November 20, 2004.
3. My mother-in-law fractured her collarbone less than a month before our wedding.
4. My husband shares his birthday with my oldest twin nieces.
5. My father-in-law is solely responsible for my husband's middle name.
6. My in-laws lived in Alaska when my husband was born, but my MIL was visiting her sisters in Walnut Creek, CA on the day he actually showed up. My father-in-law just barely made it to the hospital before the birth.
7. In his younger years, my father-in-law was an amatuer racecar driver.
8. Like me, my father-in-law was a twin.
9. Since we got married almost two years ago, every time I've called my in-law's house and my father-in-law has answered the phone, he would say, "Oh. It's my favorite daughter-in-law." Have I mentioned that my husband is an only child?
10. My in-laws home is in Southern Oregon, near the Rogue River. (Rogue River photo from Wikipedia)
I'll probably be pretty quiet this week. For those of you who are so inclined, we would appreciate your prayers.