Friday, November 03, 2006

Weather Update

For those of you who live somewhere other than California, my news will have little or no signficance. For those of us here in the land of fruits and nuts, today has been a meaningful experience.

This morning on the way to work I took this picture. (From the car. While I was driving left-footed. Forgive its lack of crispness.)

Those, my friends, are clouds in the sky. Clouds that have actually lingered. It is raining here now. If I could, I would be out in it, doing some sort of celebratory dance. I know that there are those among you who would love 6-7 months of perpetual sunshine but let me tell you: it is not all it is cracked up to be. I for one start to get a bit stir crazy. I have missed the rain. Today is a beautiful day.

Now let's just hope this rain holds on through the weekend. (Doubtful, but a girl can dream.)

8 comments:

NeedleTart said...

Hi! I went to CAP's Grandma's blanket and ,as usual, blogger was not co-operating so I'm leaving a note here, I sent my blocks out about two weeks ago. The post office returned them last Saturday (because in spite of the right zip code I had written Oak "land" in the address. I re-mailed them this Monday and you should get them soon.
I, too, love a nice cloudy, rainy day. Today we had snow!

RC said...

Girlfriend!!!!!!!! Come visit anytime, we got rain to spare lately.

Steph said...

We should be getting our first snow next week!!!!

Stefaneener said...

I'm thinking of getting out there, pulling another round of Bermuda grass, and planting fall veggies.

I like the rain, but I like it best at night.

Kim said...

Beautiful! I can almost feel the raindrops.

Anonymous said...

Yes! We got a good drenching yesterday afternoon, but it stopped in time for the football game at 5:00 (we won, BTW; 34-8 we're going to the playoffs!) We had a wedding today, so I was glad to stay dry, but like you, I'm ready for some good, steady rain for a week or two.

Dr. B. said...

Enjoy that cozy weather while it lasts!

Spinner said...

I totally understand! I love a good sunny day as much as the next Canadian - but I do love our weather changes and a good cloudy day - storms are even better - too. My friend went to UCLA for university and she said she went nuts with all that sunshine. Enjoy your clouds - and hope they last for a JUST long enough :)