Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Knitting Needles: A Still Life

I don't have any knitting pictures for today so here are my needles - well, most of them - hanging out on the entertainment center with the wilderness candle.



I haven't knitted much today. I did about 6 rows on Fuzzy Foot #2 and about 10 rows on a potholder I am knitting for my mother-in-law for Christmas. (I am doing a miniature version of a baby blanket I want to make. Just as a trial run. Is that neurotic??)

I've been meaning to stop at the book store and buy Ann Patchett's book Truth & Beauty butI haven't managed it yet even though I work less than 1/4 mile from Barnes and Noble.

I had an exceptionally long day at work and tomorrow promises to be equally soul-sucking. I really just want to stay home and drink hot tea and watch tv and try to get busy finishing up the Beach I'm knitting for my mother for Christmas. I'd really like to knit one of these for myself and relax in a bath with a glass of wine and a good book. For now, I will settle for a quick shower and a warm bed.

My first wedding anniversary is in 11 days. I feel guilty I haven't planned anything special.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, my knitting needles look very similar but they're in Mason jars (one big one for straights, one little one for dpns). One day I'll make a needle roll for them. Or two. And maybe a case of some kind for my circs? Oh, a girl can dream. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and happy anniversary! Don't feel bad - maybe he should be the one planning something! :)