Friday, August 31, 2007

What Day is This?

There has been no knitting this week, except for a few rounds on a sock that I did yesterday evening while getting a pedicure. (Oh glorious day of the pedicure!)
.
I caught the Purl Bee Connect-the-Dots pillow flu from Dr. B and I have been french knotting (well, figure-8 knotting) pillow tops this week. This is a fluke. I do not embroider. These are decidedly difficult to photograph but trust me - they are not difficult to make and the results are beautiful...even though maybe the pictures don't say so.
I am having so SO much fun reading about your embarrassing moments. I have laughed and laughed. If you haven't read the comments from my last post, you really should because frankly, ya'll make me feel better about my embarrassing stuff - I now know I am not alone!
.
Speaking of that previous post, you have until tomorrow night to enter! I'm so excited to give things away!!!! I will tell you that somewhere amongst those comments is the right answer to the what's-in-the-pot question but not the right answer to the buttons.
.
Monday evening, I went to my sister's house for dinner after work and on my way home, it occurred to me that it was starting to get dark earlier. The sky was beautiful that night. When I got home, I took this picture:
And then I went in the house, content in the knowledge that fall is, really, just around the corner. A fact that fills me with glee and that very thought. It was even cool enough over night to open up the house and let some fresh air in. (For those of you who don't live in California, it actually IS noteworthy to see a cloud in August. Tegan is going to college on the east coast and she has been utterly appalled at the fact that it rains and is hot at the same time. She had to buy an umbrella.)
.
The rest of the week it has been 103 F and up. What a cruel joke Monday night was. 100 and anything temperatures do not suit me.
.
Today's Quote:
.
"What fluke of genetics leads to a size zero? I tremble at the future possibilities. Size double zero. Size minus fifteen. Are we headed for a time when we'll be embarrassed to say, "I'm a size two?" - Valerie Harper, voluptuous sitcom sidekick

9 comments:

RobynR said...

*snicker* Tegan should TOTALLY come to Florida next summer. Y'know, when it's oh-my-goodness-freaking-hot and then it rains and you think "oh good, some relief" and the humidex somehow manages to reach 200% and it feels like you're in Hell's sauna.
...not that I'm bitter or anything.

RC said...

see, I've been telling you the humidity is just wicked! Hot and raining, yup= gross.

beautiful sky!

I've been too busy playing with the wheel to catch any new bugs, thankfully!

Kim said...

Oh - your knots are beautiful. I've been checking out those pillows and have resisted...so far.

That evening sky is hard to beat. It's been an enviable 75-ish around these parts and I know you would love it!

Kim said...

Oh, on the pedicure note: We travelled to the beach last mid-May and my pigs were in pretty bad shape. After walking on the beach a bit, my heels looked awful and would not look clean no matter how much they were washed so...I shaved them with razors - regular disposable razors and it took 3 to get the job done. My heels were acceptable and VERY smooth.

Once I returned to the still quite cold Michigan weather, a pedicure was in order. The girl kept commenting about how my feet were peeling and at first I didn't connect the two. After she complained for the third or fourth time, it hit me that the peeling was due to my shave job. I never did tell her what I did because she had already complained so much. I now have a new pedicurist and she is fab!

daaydream said...

Your pillows are beautiful! I am having a hard time not trying one, LOL. I have too much on the needles now for another project, but I've just started a good book series.

marit said...

The pillows are great! And the evening sky-wow!
Around here it is 10 deegres Celsius...and raining...I've needed woolsweaters all "summer"!(it IS summer in June and July- at least some days...This week the mountainroad Trollstigen, which is 3-4 hours drive from here, had to close due to 30cm of snow...) Have a nice weekend!

Charity said...

Oooh, your embroidery is amazing! I hadn't seen these pillow before, they're so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how beautiful. The first photo is gorgeous - like fireworks. :)

Dr. B. said...

AAAAAARRRGH!!! Your embroidery looks amazing!! I love the light colors on that dark fabric. (And I feel a little better that I'm not the only one who's having trouble photographing those dots!) Beautiful!