Sunday, September 02, 2007

And the Winners Are...

Hurray! We have winners of prizes! I am pleased and excited to announce that I have picked winners for all of the wonderful yarn prizes. I wish I had prizes for everyone but sadly, I don't. I do have some nifty prizes, though. Here we go!


First Up: Embarrassing Stories: Thank you SO much to everyone who shared their embarrassing story. I laughed and laughed - and cringed inwardly for each of you. They were all wonderful stories but I did pick a favorite and that was....Susanne. Congratulations, Susanne! I hope you knit socks (or want to learn to knit socks) since this Trekking XXL and basket combo will be heading your way later this week.
There was no correct guess to the number of buttons question. I was as surprised as anyone when I counted my buttons and discovered that I have - drumroll, please - 733 buttons. Colleen's guess of 500 came the closest without going over. Congratulations, Colleen!! I will be sending you two skeins of SiSu Sock Yarn and Leeway Cottage on CD.
Susanne, Kniterella, DaayDream and Tactless Wonder all guessed the contents of the cookpot correctly: Tapioca Pudding. Extra contest entries for them!! I love tapioca pudding and my favorite way to eat it is while it is still hot. Yum!




So I added up the entries and put everyone's entries into this orange bowl then I started drawing names for the remaining prizes.


The book and candle prize goes to:
Tactless Wonder!


The three skeins of Softwist go to:
RobynR


I added another prize without telling anyone but I haven't taken a picture of it. I will, but didn't want to delay the posting of the prizes for this one picture. Two skeins of Sugar and Cream and some of my handmade soaps. And the winner of this one: Ikkinlala

Last but certainly not least, the Anne and accompaniment go to: Marit!!!

Congratulations to everyone and thanks so much for playing along. Later this week, I'll post my most embarrassing story and I'll show you the progress on the embroidery.

Right now, I am knitting up Tribbles. Our church is having a craft fair fundraiser on September 15th and my mama asked me to make some handmade soaps and Tribbles for sale at the fair. We'll see how many Tribbles I can get done in that time. Our A/C is on the fritz (today's high: 104 F) so I will not being hanging out at home knitting.

RC, I have your mailing address but for the rest of the winners, please email me (crickitleigh at hotmail dot com) with your mailing address.

Today's Quote:

"A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?" -Kahlil Gibran

7 comments:

Rose Red said...

All the lucky winners! I am hopeless at those guessing things - still can't believe there was over 700 buttons! AND that you counted them all!

RobynR said...

Woohoo! Thank you so much Kristy! Incidentally, I would never have guessed tapioca although I too love it. Even in bubble tea . . .possibly *especially* in bubble tea.

marit said...

I'm speechless! Thank you, Kristy!

marit said...

Also, I have to add: I LOVE today's quote! SO true!

Kim said...

I have been craving tapioca since seeing your post. Congrats to all of the winners!

RC said...

Yeah me! I'm so psyched! and I cannot believe you counted all those buttons.... lol

love the quote!

love U!

(ps I'll be emailing you pics soon)

Tactless Wonder said...

Okay, I jibbered enough in my email to you...but I thought I'd also say thank you here too :).