Saturday, August 19, 2006

Nonsense

It has been a long, tedious, tear-filled week.

Puppy: Still confined to cage.
Ankle: Still un-surgeried. (tentatively rescheduled for September 20th but hopefully it will happen sooner.)
Optimism: Sorely lacking.
Attitude: Foul. (The jury is still out on which is worse, the general unpleasantness or the crying. I say the crying.)

Last night, I went to a San Francisco Giants game with my brother, Chad, and his wife, Lori, and my twin sister Katy. So nice to get away and just chill out for a little while. An evening with these three goes a long way to improve one's attitude. And the Giants won so that was good.

There hasn’t been much knitting going on this week. There has been a fair amount of sitting, holding my knitting in my lap but I can assure you, these pictures would not be interesting. Oh, I did knit a baby bib on the way to/from the game. That was nice, quick, absent-minded knitting.

So, in lieu of actual blog content, I provide you the following list of nothing important.

Favorite Yarn to Knit: Rowan Calmer, of course! With the Cotton Classic coming in a close second. (By the way, the blue block is coming along quiet nicely.) Though lately I have been knitting with a lot of the Sugar n’ Cream cotton. I’ve been making some tidbits for babies I know. I guess this is my favorite yarn for the money. At least for now.

Favorite Needles: AddiTurbos. Hands down my favorite. Worth every pricey penny.

Favorite Knitting/Yarn Accessory: I got a ball winder for my birthday and I love it. But I would love it even more if I had a spindle to go with it. I’ve been eyeing one over at Elann and I’m sure I’ll break down and buy one soon (you know how it is – something always coming up that, sadly, manages to take priority over a spindle.)

Favorite Pet: Sally, of course. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments and emails and for your thoughts and prayers for the baby dog. She is doing ok – hates the cage, loves the little treats we give her the medicine in. (Which is lucky for us since she is taking 8 pills a day for now.) I can’t really say one way or the other if she is improving much. She is so much perkier, though, so I have to believe that is a good sign. She is still unsure of her back legs but she isn’t acting so tender as she was before.

A Cool Place You’ve Probably Never Heard of: The House on the Rock in Spring Green, Wisconsin. We visited there once when we lived in Genoa City, Wisconsin (just up the road from Lake Geneva) when I was in elementary school. I’d love to make a trip back there one day – both to see the House and just to visit the area. It is beautiful there.

Guilty Pleasure (TV): Big Love. I haven’t heard anything about the new season, though. Also, lovelovelove House. And that season premiere is September 5 at 7:00 p.m. I just love Hugh Laurie. Have ya'll ever seen any of his work for British television or read any of his writing? If you haven't you should.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

So sorry, your little dog is hurting. I'll say a prayer for her.
Your blanket idea looks very interesting (in a good way).
Hope they manage to get your ankle fixed soon.