Sunday, October 15, 2006

I Do Have Priorities

Irresponsible Knitting Blogger

I've had a very nice weekend. Yesterday, I hung out in my pajamas knitting nearly all day. I only got dressed and "ready" at about 5:30 when I went to dinner with my Mama and my twin niece and nephew.

It was a good weekend for knitting but I didn't finish my niece's bookmark.

And I didn't start on the felted sheep.

And I didn't knit my Grandmother Purl Square.

I did start a new project. And finish it. (Now for the irresponsible part...) I didn't take even one progress picture.

Remember this yarn that I bought to knit a little thank you something for Lori? She decided she wanted a stripey version of the Sophie bag from MagKnits. So yesterday, I set out to knit a stripey Sophie bag and today I finished it. It is a wonderful pattern and such a super fast knit. Here it is drying after felting.

I've got to make a trip to the fabric store tomorrow to get some fabric to line it but otherwise, The stripey Sophie is done.

Not So Irresponsible Knitting Blogger

I may have neglected the Sophie pictures but I did not neglect the baby pictures. I'd like you to meet my newest tiny friend. It will be a while before he can wear his sweater - at about 7 lbs now, he is currently swimming in this 0-3 months - but Courtney wasn't just being biased when she told me how perfect he is. Speaking of Mama, here she is. (Yes, I got her permission before parading her picture across the internet! Hi Courtney!)
They are both home, healthy and (I'm sure) enjoying her maternity leave. Congratulations, Courtney!

All in all, I'd say I've had a very good weekend.

7 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Hey there. I think I must have found you through the ISE3 site, because I'm not on Grandmother Pearl. Did you comment on my picture on the ISE3 blog? Maybe that's it. Or maybe I read something you wrote. Lalala I have no brain. . . Nice bag!

Charity said...

I love the little Sophie! I have yarn all tucked away to make this pattern!

That baby is scrumptious! What a little sweetheart! (Can you hear me getting all broody over here?)

Spinner said...

What a GORGEOUS new little friend. And your Sophie bag is pretty nice too! Love the colours. Don't you just LOVE those days where you stay in your pjs all day? Best days :)

Charity said...

BTW, Kristy, I just saw your lovely scarf on the ISE blog. Isn't it great to know your hard work was so appreciated? :0)

Dr. B. said...

THAT BAG IS GREAT!!! The colors are so good together, and... did you finish it in one day?? RAD!

That bebe is outrageously cute, too!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you can take another pic of me and little D when I don't look so bad!! ;)

Steph said...

Oh my, look at your little friend's hair!! How cute!