Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bon Voyage, Kristy!

If everything Kristy has planned works out, she will be sending me pictures so I can load them here for all you crafty hat knitters and blog readers to view; thus, making me her guest blogger. I know I won’t be as witty and as funny as Kristy but if you would like the occasional update, please stop by from time to time in the next three weeks.

Kristy has made her first leg of the trip safely. I took her to the airport yesterday morning and she arrived in North Carolina safely. She did tell me that when she was on the plane, her seatmate was praying out loud that this plane wouldn’t crash and they wouldn’t all die in a horrible way. Thankfully, they didn’t. (Kristy has a knack at finding all the “interesting” people).

This evening she will be meeting up with the rest of her mission team and tomorrow they will begin this remarkable journey to the Ukraine.

It seemed just like yesterday when Kristy told me she was going to the Ukraine and her dream to take a “few” hand-knitted hats. I asked her how many hats and she believed if she knit a hat a day for one month and some-here-and-some-there she hoped to have a little over a hundred. Today, because of the generosity of you, her family, her friends and most importantly, God, she has 903 hats! It makes me completely speechless when I consider of the enormity of what everyone has done!

Our local paper wrote an article about Kristy and all the hats. Please read it here. It really is an amazing article. It doesn’t seem like it online, but the article was the entire front page of the “life” section in the paper.

Thank you all for everything you have done to make this possible! You really are amazing!

Guest Blogger and Favorite Sister-in-Law, Lori
Email me at lorihalyburton@hotmail.com

Today's Quote

"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply" -- Hudson Taylor

3 comments:

marit said...

It's so nice to get a little update! The article was really amazing.

Anonymous said...

WOW - You are filled with the spirit of God!

Siva Ram said...

This is the most impressive article, thanks for sharing this information with us. Awesome work, I appreciate your work.
land for sale in chennai Great story….Keep on sharing… Thanks